Are you looking for easy ways to lose weight? Have you hit a plateau and looking to lose those last stubborn pounds?
A successful weight loss remains a healthy, calorie-controlled plan combined with exercise. Since we come in all shapes and sizes out there, please disregard the myth that to lose one pound of fat, you need to create a deficit of 3500 calories. Instead, go for a modification of your current health habits. I believe in small changes = BIG results. That being said, you need to put a little effort into your daily life (nutrition and fitness activity) to get the results you want.
Here’s a few diet and exercise ideas that you can use and/or modify in your daily life.
- Skip the large bakery muffin in favor of 1 slice of ancient grains (or gluten free) toast topped with 1 tablespoon of your favorite nut butter.
- Take milk or milk substitute (ie: almond, soy) instead of cream in your coffee.
- Skip the cheese in an omelet and a lunchtime sandwich.
- Replace your afternoon ice cream or frozen yogurt with ground nuts.
- Resist the handful of M&M’s (or any sweets) at the receptionist’s desk. Instead : bring more healthy snacks at work.
- Switch from a tea latte to a naturally flavoured tea.
- Cut the sugar and have a vodka and soda instead of a margarita at happy hour.
- Jog or walk for 20 minutes. When you achieve that goal, try jogging to a 5km.
- Make it a family activity by playing with your kids.
- Spin for 30 minutes at a moderate pace.
- Do 1 hour of housework.
- Do 35 minutes of power yoga/pilates.
- Shovel snow for 30 minutes.
- Run up stairs for 15-20 minutes.
- Dance for 40 minutes.
*Remember that you know your health situation better than I do. Please consult your doctor or health care professional before trying anything new.