Tone Your Arms
It’s no secret that it can be really difficult to tone your arms, and the result (or lack thereof) can be extremely frustrating. (Grrr…) But this summer, toned arms can be yours with these 4 simple exercises! Depending on your fitness level, you will use a pair of 3-8 pound dumbbells with each exercise. (If you’re a beginner, start with 3 pounds.)
Now let’s tone your arms!
- Targeting: shoulders, back, triceps, biceps
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms extended straight out to sides at shoulder height.
- Roll shoulders back and down, away from the ears.
- Do 15 small backward circles, then switch directions and do 20 forward circles.
- Targeting: shoulders, rear delts
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding your dumbbells.
- Bend your knees a little bit, and move the dumbbells outward and up in a controlled flying motion until your arms form a straight line across.
- Bring the dumbbells back down slowly and repeat for 10 reps.
- Targeting: shoulders, triceps
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend elbows, and bring hands to shoulders with palms facing forward.
- Keeping shoulders down, press weights straight overhead, and lower weights back to shoulders.
- Do 20 reps.
- Targeting: triceps
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart with knees slightly bent, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Have arms straight down at sides, with palms facing back.
- Lift arms straight back behind you, keeping your back straight.
- Return to sides, and repeat for 20 reps.
If you want to really challenge yourself to tone your arms fast and furiously, repeat this entire set 2-3 times. And most importantly? Be sure to stretch your arms after!
For more ideas on how to tone your body with minimal equipment for maximum results, contact me on my Contact page. Happy toning!